Areas of Practice
Sexual Assault & Elder Abuse
Morgyn Chandler is the Managing Partner at Hammerco Lawyers. She is a forceful advocate with a successful track record of winning exceptional results for her clients.
With over a decade of litigation experience, Morgyn has a reputation for successful resolution based on persuasive and astute legal strategies. She believes that establishing and maintaining open, honest, and ongoing communication with her clients is critical to ensuring the best possible outcome.
In addition to practicing in the areas of personal injury and estate litigation, Morgyn is the practice lead for Hammerco’s civil sexual assault group. She acts on behalf of survivors of sexual assault and is a powerful advocate for her clients against both individual and institutional defendants. Morgyn believes that survivors deserve to be heard, and respected, and deserve the opportunity to hold perpetrators accountable.
Morgyn is a sought after speaker in her field, and has been named for her work in Personal Injury Litigation by Best Lawyers in Canada since 2020.
- Admitted to the Bar of British Columbia, 2009
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 2008
- BA, with Distinction, University of Victoria, 2005
- Diploma, Russian as a second language, School of Russian and Asian Studies, St. Petersburg State University, 2004
Memberships and Affiliations
- Mentor, Women in Leadership Foundation
- Vice President, Cowichan Valley Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Lower Mainland Grief Recovery Society
- Board of Directors, Cowichan Valley Brain injury Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, Cowichan Chamber of Commerce
- Speaker, Trial Lawyers Association of B.C.
- Speaker, Continuing Legal Education Society of B.C.
- Speaker, B.C. Estates Forum
- Speaker and Mentor, Canadian Bar Association
Awards and Achievements
- Lawyer Monthly, shortlisted for Women in Law Awards 2022
- Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards, Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year 2022
- Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards, Estate Litigation Lawyer of the Year 2022
- Best Lawyers Canada Award, Personal Injury Litigation, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Women in Law Award – Boutique Law Firm of the Year, Lawyer Monthly Magazine 2022
- Global 100 Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year, Canada 2021, 2022
- Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards, Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year 2020/2021
- “Inheritance under BC Law” BC Local News, September 2019
- “How Criminal Court Proceedings May Affect Civil Matters.” Civil Law for Criminal Lawyers, 2012
Conferences and Lectures
- “Litigation, Regulation and Estate Planning.” B.C. Estates Forum, June 10, 2020
- “A Battle of Wills” 2020 Vision” Tips and Tactics for a Successful Plaintiff’s Litigation Practice, February 21, 2020
- “Hot Tips from Top Mentors” Women Lawyers Forum of the CBA, September 26, 2018
- “ Traumatic Brain injury: The Neuro-surgical Perspective” CLE 2018
- Patients of an alleged fake nurse imposter are exploring legal options.
Global News | December 2021
- How has the treatment of sexual assault and misconduct cases been changing in Canada?
Mornings with Simi | July 2021
- Unconventional law firm design in a virtual world
Bar Talk | June 2021
- Once life after the pandemic
National Magazine | January 2021
- Office life after the pandemic
National Magazine | January 2021
- Lawyer Monthly
Legal Awards | December 2020
- Inheritance battles are on the rise in B.C.
C. Business | April 2020
Vancouver Magazine | April 2020
- Time Machines and Settlement Figures
My Business Magazine | May 2019
- Volunteer, British Columbia SPCA
- Vancouver, Courtenay, Comox, Cowichan Valley