Areas of Practice
Alexia Majidi is a litigation lawyer whose main areas of practice are personal injury and class actions.
In personal injury, Alexia represents clients who have been seriously injured as a result of a car accident, slip and fall, occupier’s negligence, injuries on board airplanes, as well as injuries that arise out of negligent conduct by healthcare providers, such as medical and dental practitioners.
In class actions, she represents large groups of individuals or small businesses on a provincial and national level at the Supreme Court level and the Federal Court of Canada. Her class action involvement includes representing those who have suffered losses as a result of recalled medication, privacy/data breaches, product liability, and breaches of consumer rights.
Alexia runs several mass torts in conjunction with her personal injury and class action practice. She draws on her experience in her practice areas to formulate an efficient and effective litigation strategy that is most suitable to her clients’ unique circumstances.
Alexia’s legal career has always been focused on plaintiff-only litigation. Alexia has appeared before the Provincial and Supreme Court of British Columbia. She has handled files from intake to resolution.
Alexia’s client care and unique perspective stem from her Iranian background, coupled with studying and working in Canada, the Netherlands, and Australia and growing up in the United Arab Emirates, Canada, the United States, and India.
- Roxy Hamidi
- Admitted to the Bar of British Columbia, 2015
- BA, McGill University, 2006
- MSc, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, 2007
- JD (Honours), Bond University, 2013
Memberships and Affiliations
- Trial Lawyers Association of B.C.
- Law Society of B.C.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Iranian Foundation
- Access ProBono
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee member (Trial Lawyers Association of BC)
- Business Network International (BNI Lions Gate)
Awards and Achievements
- Women in Law Award – Boutique Law Firm of the Year, Lawyer Monthly Magazine 2022
- Graduated with honours from law school
- Languages: English, Farsi
- Involvement in Iranian community
- Vancouver/North Shore