Areas of Practice
For more than 30 years, Dale McGregor, a senior-level partner, has helped individuals who have sustained injuries caused by another person’s negligence, often as a result of a motor-vehicle accident, but also in the areas of product’s liability, occupier’s liability, medical malpractice, boating, and aircraft accidents.
A number of his cases have involved Underinsured Motorist Protection (UMP) matters whereby at-fault drivers do not carry sufficient insurance. He commonly represents claimants around the Pacific Northwest and also out-of-province jurisdictions.
Dale handles a range of injuries, from mild to major trauma, to catastrophic injuries, head injuries, orthopaedic injuries, psychiatric/psychological injuries, and chronic pain.
He has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia, including the B.C. Court of Appeal and has achieved a number of seven-figure financial settlements for clients.
Dale’s clients describe him as competent, caring, and empathetic.
Improving a client’s well-being following a devastating personal injury and assisting in overcoming the related challenges, is particularly satisfying to him. He also understands that gaining financial security and reclaiming a sense of dignity are significant elements to one’s recovery.
Dale is a long-time law student mentor, involving law students in trials and other legal events to enhance their development. Every year, he leads four free legal seminars to second and third year UBC law students covering personal injury and civil litigation matters at the UBC Indigenous Communities Legal Clinic.
- Kelsey Tustin-Elmes
- Lindsay Dahl
- Admitted to the Bar of British Columbia 1990
- LLB, University of British Columbia, 1989
- BA, University of British Columbia, 1985
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, including sub-section memberships in Civil Litigation and Insurance Law
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member and Lecturer, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Lecturer, The University of British Columbia Indigenous Communities Legal Clinic
- Since 1998, Dale has been an active member and supporter of the Four-Wheel Drive Association of B.C., a non-profit society that educates responsible use of and fosters access to back roads of British Columbia.