- December 6, 2019 — Plaintiff delivered his Notice of Application for certification.
- June 9, 2021 — Plaintiff’s Notice of Application was filed.
- August 16, 2019 — This action was commenced by way of a Notice of Civil Claim filed on that date.
- September 15, 2020 — Defendant filed its Response to Civil Claim denying all the allegations and all liability.
- July 12, 2021 — Hammerco Lawyers negotiated a settlement for class members. The Court approved the settlement.
In October 2018, Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. announced the discovery of unauthorized access to some of its passenger data, and data relating to passengers of its subsidiary, Hong Kong Dragon Airlines.
The major data breach affected up to 9.4 million passengers. Private information including full names, passport numbers, credit card numbers, and other sensitive data pertaining to Cathay Pacific’s passengers was exposed including that of passengers from Canada.