Areas of Practice
Wills & Estates
Nicola Collins is a registered trademark agent who practices in the areas of business and real estate law, and estate planning.
Nicola joined Hammerco in 2014 after practicing at a boutique business law firm in Vancouver.
For her business clients, she advises on matters such as shareholder, joint venture, joint ownership, employment, and sale and purchase agreements.
Residential and commercial real estate transactions include sale and purchase, preparing lease agreements and mortgage documentation, including private mortgages. Nicola also works on dissolutions, continuations, amalgamations and registering trademarks.
For individual clients, she assists with their estate planning needs including preparing wills, trusts, and powers of attorney. She also works closely with our estate litigation team providing advice on complex estate matters.
- Wei Zhang
- Paige Derouin
- Jaybie Ng
- Admitted to the Bar of British Columbia, 2012
- Admitted to the Bar of New Zealand, 2008
- Bachelor of Laws, Victoria University of Wellington, 2007
- Bachelor of Commerce and Administration, Victoria University of Wellington, 2007
- IDM Certificate in Direct and Digital Marketing, 2006
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of B.C.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, BNI All Star
- Registered Trademark Agent, 2012
- Mentor, CBABC Women Lawyers Forum
- Finance committee member, Canadian Network for International Surgery
Awards and Achievements
- Women in Law Award – Boutique Law Firm of the Year, Lawyer Monthly Magazine 2022
- National Certificate of Accreditation, Canada, 2010
- “Closing Complications: The Solicitor’s Perspective.” CLEBC Residential Real Estate Conference, 2018
- New Zealand