Areas of Practice
Kaitlin Pierce exemplifies Hammerco’s client-focused approach. She joined the firm in 2018 as an articling student and as an associate in 2019.
Kaitlin has volunteered extensively with Pro-Bono Students Canada and in her local community as an advocate for marginalized individuals.
She has represented clients in the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the Civil Resolution Tribunal and the Residential Tenancy Board. Kaitlin is a dedicated advocate for access to justice.
- Admitted to the Bar of British Columbia, 2019
- JD, Dalhousie University, 2018
- BA, St. Francis Xavier University, 2015
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Awards and Achievements
- Women in Law Award – Boutique Law Firm of the Year, Lawyer Monthly Magazine 2022
- Eunice W. Beeson Memorial Prize, 2018
- Schulich Scholarship, 2017
- Co-founder and chair of the Schulich School of Law Mental Health Resource Centre, 2016-2018
- “Gender Neutral Language Tips: Words have an Impact on Inclusion, Society Record.” Nova Scotia Barrister’s Society, 2016
- Volunteer, Access Pro-Bono Lawyers Referral Program
- Volunteer, Bodwell High School Career Mentor
- Volunteer, CBABC/UBC Mentorship Program
- In her free time, Kaitlin enjoys cooking, spin class, and exploring the city she now proudly calls home.
- Cape Breton, Nova Scotia