Areas of Practice
Sexual Assault & Elder Abuse
Jessica Hames has practiced in plaintiff personal injury law since her call to the bar in 2016. She is experienced in employment law and growing her employment law practice, including wrongful dismissal cases.
Jessica is an empathetic advocate who enjoys connecting with her clients and guiding them through the legal system by providing them with clear, direct, and timely advice.
She is an experienced trial lawyer and a passionate litigator who enjoys going to court to advocate for her client’s rights. Jessica has appeared in all levels of court in British Columbia.
- Admitted to the Bar of British Columbia, 2016
- JD, University of Victoria, 2015
- BA, Simon Fraser University, 2009
- Memberships and affiliations
- Member, Law Society of B.C.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Trial Lawyers Associations BC
Awards and achievements
- Women in Law Award – Boutique Law Firm of the Year, Lawyer Monthly Magazine 2022
- During her undergraduate studies, Jessica was frequently on the Dean’s Honour List. She graduated with First Class Honours standing for an exemplary GPA.
- During law school, Jessica earned several academic awards, including the prize for the top grade in employment law. She also participated in the law co-op program, gaining practical work experience and developing her legal skills early on in her career.
- Outside of the office, Jessica enjoys cooking, karaoke, and riding her bike around the seawall.
- Jessica works out of our Duncan and Vancouver offices.