Areas of Practice
David Maglio co-founded the firm in 1999. He also co-managed the firm and managed the firm’s personal injury department from 2009-2013.
David Maglio is acknowledged by the legal community as a leader in personal injury law and has received distinguished status by peer review ratings from the legal publication, Martindale Hubbell, since 2008.
David concentrates on personal injury management and litigation. He has focused on this area for 25 of his 30 years in professional practice.
In his career, David has settled and litigated thousands of cases involving a wide range of issues related to personal injury matters. He also has extensive experience prosecuting catastrophic personal injury claims including paraplegia, quadriplegia, traumatic brain injury, and wrongful death claims.
David always works hard to achieve fair, equitable recovery for his clients through detailed preparation, skilful negotiation and — if necessary — trial advocacy.
Before David focused solely on representing personal injury victims, he practiced insurance defence litigation, including ICBC litigation, with a prominent Vancouver law firm. He attributes much of his current success to the experiences and insights he obtained early in his career representing insurers’ interests.
David feels very fortunate to have developed a robust referral-based clientele, which extends across the province, including referrals not only from past and current clients, but also from other legal and medical professionals, as well as the Public Guardian and Trustee.
- Admitted to the Bar of British Columbia, 1985
- LLB, University of British Columbia, 1984
- B.Comm., University of British Columbia, 1983
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association; Sub-section memberships in Civil Litigation and Insurance Litigation
- Past Member, Automobile Insurance Committee
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia