Hammerco is looking for a capable individual with exceptional organizational, time management, people skills, and the ability to deliver the Firm values to our clients and team members every single day. Our Receptionists are responsible for providing exceptional client service both in person and over the phone to all the Firm’s clients, guests, and employees. Working with all memebers of the Reception team, this role ensures that the front desk is kept clean and tidy and reflects well on the Firm’s image. The Receptionist also provides administrative clerical duties to support the overall internal operations of the office.
What you will be responsible for:
Administrative Efficiency: This role plays a crucial part in optimizing operational processes and creating efficiencies.
Physical and Virtual Environment: You are responsible for creating a welcoming and supportive environment for both physical and virtual spaces. Exhibiting exceptional people skills to interact with clients and team members professionally and courteously. Maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders is vital.
- Greet clients in Reception
- Route incoming calls and deal with general phone inquiries
- Collect, open and scan incoming mail, and distribute it to Lawyers and Legal Support Staff
- Handle incoming and outgoing couriers
- Order and maintain office supplies and ensure reconcilliation with annual budget
- Organize outgoing mail, and post to clients account in Acumin, drop off in mailbox at the end of the day and at times pick up Registered letters from designated post office.
- Reconciliation of all courier invoices and charges to client file in Acumin.
- Onboarding and Offboarding: Coordinate the activities to bring new employees into the office and ensure a smooth transition for departing staff members.
- Under the direction of the People & Operations Manager, help plan, organize firm events and social gatherings. This may also include coordinating ICBC settlement meetings.
- Enter the information required to open and close client files in accounting system
- Update and maintain clients contact and address lists in Filevine, Acumin and Outlook.
- Maintain the appearance of the reception area and all Boardrooms/ water plants/ stock kitchen in the morning with snack, drinks, and clean coffee machine.
- Manage vendor and service provider relationships , such as building management, janitorial services, and shredding services.
- Update calendar and room booking request.
- Assist in scheduling internal meetings and coordinating necessary resources for these meetings.
- Ensure meeting rooms are equipped with IT equipment and refreshments as required for various meetings.
- Serve as a resource to aid IT with troubleshooting issues and assisting colleagues with technology and machine-related issues, when required.
- Maintain both physical and electronic document management and filing systems to store, retain, and dispose of office documents and records
- Arrange corporate travel and accommodation for staff members.
- May assist the Firm’s CMO with marketing and business development campaigns that support the firm’s growth and client relationships.
- Act as an office Fire/Safety warden.
- Contribute to the firm’s continuous improvement initiatives by researching, proposing, and implementing administrative solutions.
- Perform other routine clerical and administrative functions, as requested by the People & Operations Manager
- Post-secondary education
- 1-3 year of administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Previous experience working at a law firm considered an asset
- Computer literate, including proficiency in MS Office Suite and general IT troubleshooting
- Exceptional attitude – flexible, positive, proactive, dependable, willing/able to learn new skills.
- Enthusiastic and proactive participant in team and office activities to help maintain a cohesive team environment.
- Resourceful, innovative, and solutions focused.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Effectively communicate and work as a collaborative team player.
- Experience in planning events (logistics, budget, timelines, experience, etc.)
- Experience working with budgets and running daily office operations.
- Experience with social media and website platforms considered an asset (WordPress, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Canva)
- Exposure to project management processes.
- Facilities coordination experience is an asset.
- Excellent prioritization skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and diligence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both on the phone and in person.
- Professional customer service experience with the ability to defuse challenging situations.
- Voices concerns in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- High moral/ethical standards
- Lives our firm values of Results, Collaboration, Trust, and Generosity.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining experience in the legal field. We offer a supportive work environment where you can learn and grow as an Receptionist.
If you are organized, detail-oriented, and have a passion for exceptional customer service, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your interest in the position.
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year