Junior Legal Administrative Assistant – Estate Litigation
Hammerco Lawyers is a widely recognized B.C. law firm who has been selected as one of Canada’s top employers and voted best law firm to work for in Vancouver.
Our talented, diverse team of legal professionals lead with a client focused mind and a collaborative spirit. We lean on our collective strengths and work together to deliver powerful legal solutions to our clients. We pride ourselves on being results driven and innovative, with the goal of improving 1% everyday in the way we operate.
We offer our team lots of flexibility with our hybrid work model. We recognize that we all have lives outside of work and we want you to succeed in your work and personal life. Our flexible office space was designed to allow our team to pick and choose their office or desk space when they do come into the office. We offer a state-of-the-art experience with sit stand desks, a stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, and a roof top patio for summer hangouts.
We combine our top-notch legal skills with true passion for what we do.
Who you are
Our team is looking for a Junior Legal Administrative Assistant that provides support to lawyers in various areas and stages of Estate Litigation matters, in the delivery of Powerful Legal Solutions to the firm’s clients.
- Ability to draft preliminary correspondence and legal documents with general instructions.
- Preparing and serving List of Documents.
- Preparing List of Disbursements.
- Facilitating file transfers.
- Preparing Application Records.
- Provide high level communication to clients.
- Set and meet annual goals and targets.
- Prepare, edit, format, proofread, and file legal documents, correspondence from dictation, instructions, handwritten and precedents.
- Manage calendars, schedules, appointments, and deadlines for lawyers.
- Maintaining bring forward or tracking system for limitation and follow-up dates.
- Communicate with clients, courts, opposing counsel, adjusters, and other parties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Scheduling trials, trial management conferences, case plan conferences, examinations for discovery, registrar hearings (estate litigation specific), and mediations.
- Land Title, Wills and Probate searches (estate litigation specific).
- Part VII funding requests and reimbursements (personal injury specific).
- Special Damages (personal injury specific).
- Scheduling medical appointments, including preparing letters of instruction, and organizing records for experts.
- Serving expert reports.
- Reminding clients of scheduled dates.
- Scheduling client update meetings.
- Open, organize and maintain files, records, and reports.
- Paying invoices.
- Depositing cheques.
- Scanning/photocopying documents.
- Prepare retainer agreements.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, courier, fax and emails.
- Records requests and document production.
- Assist with Trial and Mediation preparation.
- Vacation coverage.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by lawyers.
- <2 years work experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant in Estate Litigation.
- Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate considered an asset.
- Previous B.C. Estate Litigation experience required.
- Understanding of legal procedures and documentation and the ability to diarize dates independently.
- Resourceful, proactive and solutions focused.
- Exhibits a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and diligence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and other legal software applications as required.
- Able to effectively communicate and work as a collaborative team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both on the phone and in person.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Professional customer service experience with the ability to defuse challenging situations.
- Possess strong efficiency, optimization, organizational, and communication skills.
- Voices concerns in a proactive and constructive solution-oriented manner
- Acts in a manner reflective of the company culture of high moral/ethical standards, innovation and continuous evolution, trust in team, continuous improvement, and sustainable relationships; and
- Observe and reflect our firm values of Results, Collaboration, Trust, and Generosity.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining experience in the legal field. We offer a supportive work environment where you can learn and grow as a Junior Legal Assistant.
If you are organized, detail-oriented, and have a passion for law, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com detailing your interest in the position.
Annual Salary – $48,500 – $50,000